September 6, 2010

Menu Monday and Tailgate Treats

Falling off the meal planning bandwagon never goes well for me; we end up with a pantry full of food but no recipe-ready ingredients for a meal that sounds tasty.

So this week I'm hopping back into meal planning. My stomach (and B's, for sure) is excited to avoid last minute "scrambled eggs and grits" suppers. I love breakfast for dinner, but not three times a week - it's never as much fun out of necessity.

Monday: "Light" Chicken Pot Pie (I add tons of veggies and halve the creamy ingredients, but I still doubt this is considered "light.")

Tuesday: Apricot Pork Chops (Cooking Light)

Wednesday: Garlic Chicken (Cooking Light)

Thursday: Chicken Tacos with Rice

Friday: Leftovers

Saturday: Game Day! (read: tailgate food)

Sunday: Good Old Fashioned Roast and Potatoes (Crazy Sundays = Crockpot Recipes)

Imagine white chocolate outside and orange cake inside. Perfect for Tigertown!

I tried my first batch of cake balls this weekend, thanks to the advice of many of you on Twitter, as well as the Bakerella recipe. I'm hoping to serve some at Mac's first birthday party next month; I also plan to bring some as a sweet treat for our tailgating friends.


I'll load down a tailgate table with cookies and cakes but I'm a cheese hater and a notoriously picky eater, so many dips, sauces and other tailgates foods are lost on me. You'll find me snacking on chips sans salsa or grabbing vegetables from the tray without ranch. Plain's the name of the game.

That said, I'm at a loss when it comes to a traditional tailgate spread. A sweet friend is giving me a recipe for a yummy sausage dip that Bradley adores.

What other go-to recipes do you have for game days? Help a picky eater (or rather, her husband and friends) out!

6 comments:

Katie said...

I am a crazy picky eater too, but int he opposite way you are: I need cheeses and dips. I am just picky in terms of what I'll eat.

For tailgates, we love to keep it fairly simple; lots of chips and salsas and dips, crackers and cheese, a dessert, a main course that's easy to grill, and lots of adults beverages. If you theme it to the team you are playing against even better! (We grill chicken when we play Virgina Tech etc..)

Also, those Cake Balls are delish I have made them a few times too!

Pinot after Playdates said...

2 blocks of cream cheese, 1 can of rotel, 1lb of browned hot ground sausage, top w/shredded cheddar, either bake for 20 min at 350 or keep in crockpot until game time...serve with tortilla chips

Whitney said...

It all sounds sooo good! :) I'm not too picky.

Tailgating choices - Grill chicken, chips, dips, crackers, drinks, water, dessert.. like cupcakes, cookies, brownies and etc!

Whitney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hannah said...

I make meatballs for just about every football party. They are delicious and really easy. I put my meatballs in my crockpot and add a bottle of barbq sauce, half a can of grape jelly, and half a can of crushed pinneapple. Let cook for 4 hrs or so on low and these things are delicous!!!!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

I can't wait to make my first chicken pot pie for fall! and I've been wanting to attempt cake balls too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved