January 28, 2009

Ultimate Workout Playlist

Music is the ultimate motivational tool for me at the gym. My workout playlist has different songs for warming up, lifting, running, walking, etc. If I'm not taking a class with a preset soundtrack, I usually put my workout playlist on shuffle and just skip around based on what I'm doing.
I've starred my very favorites in terms of motivation for me. Be warned - I always get the clean version and you may prefer to do the same. These songs do get me going, though!
I trained for my half marathon a few years ago using Ashlee Simpson's entire Autobiography album. I'm pretty tired of it by now, but it was great for me then so I'm including it below.
Take a look and let me know what your favorites are as well. I'd love to add some new music to my workout mix!
Autobiography - Ashlee Simpson
Pieces of Me
Lala
Little Miss Obsessive
Boyfriend

*Single Ladies - Beyonce
*Diva

Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
*Circus
*Gimme More
*Womanizer
Me Against the Music
Toxic

Summer of '69 - Bryan Adams

How I Could Just Kill A Man - Charlotte Sometimes

*Forever - Chris Brown
Kiss Kiss

Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aguilera

*What You Got - Colby O'Donis

*Gotta Get Thru This - Daniel Bedingfield

Mercy - Duffy

American Boy - Estelle

Leavin' - Jesse McCartney

Irresistible - Jessica Simpson
I Think I'm In Love With You

Green Light - John Legend

After Tonight - Justin Nozuka

FutureSex/LoveSounds - Justin Timberlake

Jesus Walks - Kanye West

Whine Up - Kat DeLuna

Over It - Katharine McPhee

*Hot N Cold - Katy Perry

Since U Been Gone - Kelly Clarkson

***Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf

*Mr. Brightside - The Killers

Red Blooded Woman - Kylie Minogue

**Just Dance - Lady GaGa

I Will Love Again - Lara Fabian

The Right Kind of Wrong - Leann Rimes

Lollipop - Lil Wayne
A Milli
Got Money

Get It Shawty - Lloyd

In My Pocket - Mandy Moore

Harder to Breathe - Maroon 5
Through With You

Come On Get Higher - Matt Nathanson

*Closer - Ne-Yo

**So What - Pink
Sober

New Shoes - Paolo Nutini

*Fuego - Pit Bull

*When I Grow Up - Pussycat Dolls

Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
Breakin' Dishes
Pon de Replay

*Magic - Robin Thicke

**Live Your Life - T.I.
Whatever You Like

Lolli Lolli - Three 6 Mafia

Shut Up and Let Me Go - The Ting Tings

Love in This Club - Usher

Nolita Fairytale - Vanessa Carlton

Take Me on the Floor - The Veronicas
This Love
*This is How It Feels
4ever
Untouched

7 comments:

Emily Emeneker said...

Great playlist! Super big fan of: Bon Jovi songs
Sugarland albums
The Killers (Human,Somebody Told Me)
Fall Out Boy - This Ain't a Scene Coldplay - Viva la Vida
All American Rejects - Move Along
anything by ABBA

and my ultimate get me going song (don't laugh!!) Outkast - Hey Ya!

Anonymous said...

Good call on Viva La Vida!

Candice said...

I totally cannot get into my running groove without music! I can't wait to add some of your suggestions to my playlist. I've been meaning to make a new one for so long! Thanks!

I tagged you!

Jenny @ Practically Perfect... said...

Oooh! This is a great idea! I've been in kind of a funk in regards to workout music and have been trying to figure out what to add. These are some good suggestions!

MatersandMelons said...

I have been looking for some new songs to add to my workout list -- thanks for the suggestions! I'll have to post mine and maybe you could pick up one or two!

Dave said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Oh i so needed this, i was just needing to add some additions to my playlist as I train for the Cherry Blossom 10 miler!

Some of my favorites are:

KT Tunstall, Black Horse and the Cherry Tree
Keith Urban, Days Go By
Dierks Bentley, Free and Easy
Metro Station, Shake It
Motion City Soundtrack, Last Night
Akon, Right Now
Shontelle, Battle Cry
Justin Timberlake, Senorita
U2, City of Blinding Lights...

Okay i could go on..but it has to be a good balance of the oldies and goodies, a little country and something to fall back on when you're dragging. Currently that song for me is Britney Spears, Womanizer.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved