September 11, 2011

A Bit of Peace

We sang Your Great Name in service this morning and, despite the anniversary of an unspeakable tragedy, I felt a tremendous sense of peace.



All the weak find their strength at the sound of Your great name.
Hungry souls receive grace at the sound of Your great name.
The fatherless, they find their rest at the sound of Your great name.
Sick are healed and the dead are raised at the sound of Your great name.

Jesus, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain for us, Son of God and Man.
You are high and lifted up that all the world will praise Your great name.

Redeemer, My Healer, Lord Almighty.
My savior, Defender, You are My King...


I'm sure you're not shocked that, today of all days, these words had me in tears.

My prayer today has been that all who are hurting would feel a peace that passes all understanding, that they would be healed and know His hope.

1 comment:

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

it's currently my favorite song. i find myself singing it all the time and hope it's on the radio every time i get in the car. it's so beautiful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved