November 22, 2009

A List and a Ramble

I'm not able to think too clearly these days - there are lots of scattered trains of thought and half-finished sentences. It's only fitting, then, that I make a few lists (my favorite form of communication and sanity) rather than writing a full-blown Sunday afternoon blog post. Hope your (rainy) Sundays are going beautifully, friends!

I'll first steal Erin from Blue Eyed Bride's post idea and make an honest list of bullet points for you...

  • Mac is about 11 pounds and I feel like he produces about that much laundry each day. I've never washed so many clothes in my life - add to that two adults' clothes, linens and towels and WOW. We're keeping Downy in business.

  • Yesterday's football game in Tigertown was SUCH a treat. I loved seeing so many friends, watching CJ Spiller's last home game and having a little "grown up" time with B.

  • I also missed Mac lots - he spent the day just 20 minutes away with his grandparents but we flashed his pictures around so much he might as well have been with us!

  • This Thanksgiving holiday week is going to be such a whirlwind - cleaning, cooking, visiting, cleaning more (the baby clutter spreads quickly!), feeding (a baby and grown ups), changing (just the baby, of course), and squeezing lots of loved ones.

  • This eating every three hours pattern does slow down, right? RIGHT? I love looking at Mac and snuggling with him, but the middle of the night feedings (we usually do get one 4 stretch) leave me 2 or 2.5 hours of sleep at a time. Geesh. Seven weeks into this and I'm a little cloudy-headed to say the least!

  • I'm heading back to work after Christmas and I'm already worried about how many boxes of Kleenex and hours staring at Mac's pictures I need to plan on for those three days. (Yay for short weeks!) Working moms, any advice?

  • How is it already Christmastime? We're about to decorate and, although I'm excited, my brain stopped calculating time back in September....it's going to be 2010 before I know it.

  • Did I say I can't wait for Thanksgiving? Family, friends and (non-dairy) food - what more could I ask for?

  • I'm tired, it's true. I felt like game day took quite the toll on my senior-citizen self yesterday. I could use a few full (as in eight hours) nights of sleep. But this Thanksgiving, more than ever, I am tremendously grateful. I couldn't stay awake long enough to count all our blessings!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved