October 27, 2012

Day 27: Solo Saturday

Mac and Mary Brooks are still in Columbia with my parents, so today was spent taking full advantage of our sans kids time.
The smile is a lie here; it was still dark out!
We woke up at 5:45 am (eep - that hurt) for a group run across town on Furman's gorgeous campus.

Biscuit tiiiiiime!
I was far happier afterward, when we were headed for breakfast. Mmm!

After a morning on Caesar's Head enjoying the view and marveling at the freezing temperatures (how is it so much colder just thirty minutes from home?), I indulged in a long mid-day nap. Heavenly. It's amazing how much longer a day seems when you rise before the sun; that's a new feeling for lazy ol' Anne.

After naptime came a two-hour phone call, long overdue, with my best friend, plus a luxurious hour of getting ready. All by myself. It was a total flashback to pre-baby years!

Upstairs solo fashion show!
B and I enjoyed some "on the town" time, and took in the spectacle of some truly, er, original costumes. Holy nudity, y'all. If you can make a costume "sexy," somebody tried. Sexy hamburger, sexy nun, sexy plumber. It was bananas.
We fuddy-duddies enjoyed the good giggle, and after my relatively long (for me) run, my legs were thankful for the walk.

Here's hoping we can sleep in tomorrow, since we didn't today!

*This post is day 27 in my 31 Days of What Matters.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved