October 17, 2012

Day 17: Running Tunes

After six full weeks of antibiotics, steroid shots and more oral steroids (I'm reaching Arnold Schwarzenegger status), I'm well and ready to hit the pavement again. October weather is perfect for outdoor exercise - cool enough that you don't melt but not so cold you want to stay under the covers.

I need serious beats and up-tempo music to keep me motivated while running. Anything that slows down makes me want to screech to a halt, not push through the pain to get a decent workout in.

To that end, I've downloaded a few new tunes and updated my running playlist. It's different from my "regular" workout playlist in that the music worms itself into my brain and drowns out the "stop, stop, stop, you can't do this, let's take a nap!" voice that follows me when I run.

Here's what I've got so far - I'd love your favorite new running song suggestions!

Disclosure: Don't judge. I buy "clean" iTunes versions so I'm not humming four-letter words to myself when reading Mac his evening Bible story.

I need LOTS of options so I can turn off anything that doesn't cut it at the moment. Also, I fancy myself something of a hip hop maven when wearing spandex, hence the old school Eminem and Jay Z tunes. Whatever gets my legs going and drowns out my to do list!

Cheers (Drink to That) - Rihanna
Whip My Hair - Willow
What the Hell - Avril Lavigne
Want U Back - Cher Lloyd**
Part of Me - Katy Perry
Gangnam Style - PSY
You've Got the Love - Florence + the Machine
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Lights - Ellie Goulding**
We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together - Taylor Swift
Universal Mind Control - Common
Domino - Jessie J
Club Can't Handle Me - Flo Rida
Blow - Ke$haJ
Let It Rock - Kevin Rudolf and Lil Wayne
Closer - NeYo
Hard - Rihanna and Jeezy
Magic - Robin Thicke
Pon de Replay - Rihanna
Party Rock Anthem - LMFAO
Don't Stop the Music - Rihanna
Breakin' Dishes - Rihanna
Big Pimpin' - Jay Z
Dirt Off Your Shoulder - Jay Z**
I Just Wanna Love U - Jay Z
Run This Town - Jay Z and Rihanna
Izzo - Jay Z
Empire State of Mind - Jay Z and Alicia Keys
All I Do Is Win - DJ Khaled
I Know You Want Me - Pitbull
Look at Me Now - Karmin Cover
Clocks - Coldplay
So What - P!nk
Die Young - Ke$ha
Bad Girls - MIA**
Girls Gone Wild - Madonna
Paper Planes - MIA
No Church in the Wild (Clean) - Kanye and Jay Z**
Flesh and Bone - The Killers
Titanium - David Guetta and Sia
Pound the Alaram - Nicki Minaj
Wide Awake - Katy Perry (cool down/warm up)
**The absolute essential songs to make me move these days.

Don't forget to leave a comment on yesterday's post to win a Beaufort bonnet or Beaufort bucket hat from The Beaufort Bonnet Company!

*This post is day 17 in my 31 Days of What Matters.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

So many of our favorites cross over, but I have a few to add to your list! These always perk me up when they come on!

*Go Your Own Way – Fleetwood Mac (My hands-down, must-have favorite for EVERY run!)

*Face Down – Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (not sure why this always gets me so fired up; I think it’s the anger in the song)

*Live Your Life – Rihanna (my favorite for warm up/cool down)

*How Far We’ve Come – Matchbox 20 (obviously a metaphor for running progress)

Finally, I will always love anything from the “Top 40” list from Summer 2004 (duh!), including Yeah by Usher, Toxic by Britney and anything by our girl Ashlee. ;) xo

StratPack said...

Love the early 2000s rap. Would definitely recommend Lil Wayne "Right Above It" and B.O.B. "Don't Let Me Fall". Also, as long as we're going with old school, Outkast!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved