October 5, 2012

Day 5: Mac


As I tucked Mac in last night, I whispered, "See you when you're three." As I closed his door, he called after me, "I'll love you when I'm three." I hope I never forget that.

Today what matters is Mac. The beautiful boy who grew from a tiny blessing.

Mac on his first and third birthdays.
The wonderful ham who adores his sister and keeps her giggling with his silly antics.

The handsome charmer who tells stories and writes songs and puts on shows for us.

The silly preschooler who prefers to wear as few pieces of clothing as possible.

The independent kid whose "no, let me!" attitude makes the occasional "will you hold me?" moments that much sweeter.


Today we celebrated with a family tour of the historic downtown fire station just down the road from our house, a lunch at Chick-fil-A and supper with his grandparents. It was a picture perfect day and I'm so very, very thankful for our boy.

We love you, Mac-Mac. You always tell us you're not "grown upped" yet, and I'm glad you aren't - but you sure are getting there fast. Take your time, baby.

*This post is day 5 in my 31 Days of What Matters.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved