October 19, 2012

Day 19: Luna

Source
Yesterday Uma Thurman, who gave birth this summer and has been photographed with her baby daughter many times since, finally announced her newest child's name.

I'd wonder why she waited so long to reveal it, but I think her child's initials speak for themselves: RAAAFT-B. That's pretty similar to my exclamation upon reading her name in its entirety: Rosalind Arusha Arkadina Altalune Florence Thurman-Busson.

I realize the actress was born Uma Karuna Thurman, but even she was saddled with just three little names. Baby "Luna," as she will be called, might reach legal driving age before she's able to spell each of those inspired selections.

Her older brother and sister, Maya and Levon, won't bat an eyelash at the addendum Luna's birth certificate will require. Their other younger half siblings, via their dad Ethan Hawke and his new wife, are Clementine and Indiana.

Meryl Streep's children must feel like real Hollywood outcasts with their monikers. Ms. Streep, born Mary Louise and called "Meryl" for decades now, has four children: Henry Wolfe, Mary Willa ("Mamie"), Grace Jane and Louisa Jacobson Gummer.

Considering Mamie's headlining a new fall TV show, I suppose their gentried acting background and classic names have served the Streep/Gummer clan well.
Take a look at these other celebrity names, or click my "names" tag below, to see that sweet Luna is in good, if unfortunate, company.

Next time I feel bad that Mac goes by the first half of his middle name, or that Mary Brooks goes by both her first and the second half of her middle name, I'll remind myself there's not an Arkadina or Pilot Inspektor in the bunch...

(And surely using only family names give me a little leeway, right? Or is that what Uma said to herself before shoving all 14 words together and calling it a name? Eep! What've I done?)
Don't forget to leave a comment on Tuesday's post to win a Beaufort bonnet or Beaufort bucket hat from The Beaufort Bonnet Company! The giveaway closes this morning at 10:00 am EST.

*This post is day 19 in my 31 Days of What Matters.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved