October 8, 2012

Day 8: Work




Today the whole gang is coming to the Lowcountry while I have a meeting in Charleston.

Mac and Mary Brooks will celebrate his third birthday for the fourth time at my grandmother's house; I'll wear my big-girl heels and pretend to be a functioning adult for the day. It will be a hectic start to the week, as we leave Greenville at 7:00am and I can only hope we're home by 8:00pm. Whew!

On typical weeks, I work in short spurts most days (and some evenings lately, when it's quiet); I wear my "Mom" hat and my "working Anne" hat intermittently. Some days I work from home beautifully; some weeks nothing quite works at all. I'm thankful to try my hand at this juggling act I've seen so many other women master.

Last week I had a story on the cover of the Lifestyle section here in Greenville, my first byline under my own name in ages. (As a public relations professional and freelance writer I see my own words in print under someone else's name or for the benefit of a client's business. Nothing ever says "Anne Smith was here," per se.)

I'd be willing to bet this piece will make my parents' refrigerator (it calls me special! they always knew it!) should Mac have a slow art week.

Hope y'all have a wonderful Monday! I'm off to dart down I-26.xoxo

2 comments:

Samma said...

I have always wondered what your job is- congrats on the article! Your gig sounds like a great way to balance motherhood and work.

Positively Alene said...

Awesome!!! I think congrats are in order. Stopping by from 31 days.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved