September 8, 2009

Planting hope and waiting for good

Angie Smith tweeted a link to this blog entry earlier today and it took me a few reads before it finally sunk in. I had to share the most meaningful passage for me...

I'm struck by how many people in my life seem to be in a moment (or a season) of waiting right now. Waiting for an answer, a baby, a pregnancy, a job offer, a clean bill of health, a home to sell, some time away or just plain good news.

I hope the words below encourage you as they did me! My friend Maria just blogged about a similar subject, the value of waiting on God's timing instead of settling because you're focused on your own timeline.

I know that each of these messages are reaching me at the same time for a very clear purpose...

"We bury our swollen prayers in Him who's raised from the tomb. We lay our hope, full and tender, into the depths of Him and wait in hope for God to resurrect something good. Good always necessitates long waiting.

Every tulip only blossoms after cold months of winter wait. Every human ever unfurled into existence through nine long months of the womb waiting. And the only kingdom that will last for eternity still waits, this millennia-long, unwavering-hope for return of its King.

Instead of chafing, we accept that waiting is a strand in the DNA of the Body of Christ. That this waiting on God is the very real work of the people of God."

5 comments:

Rowena said...

That was beautiful! Devin and I got the house, so it is a new waiting period for us: inspections, appraisals, closings...

Solar Powered said...

Great post!

Marian M Rea said...

Anne, thank you so for that post...like you said, these messages come to us at the right time for the right reason...hope you're doing well, the countdown until Mac's arrival is on :)

Kristen said...

Beautiful, inspiring post ... now following both of the blogs you referenced. :) Love you to pieces!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved