August 29, 2011

Perfection

I was going to try some awkward "Adele-icate performance" play on words, but realized it's best not to try too hard, as evidenced by Adele herself below.

I haven't watched the VMAs start to finish in at least five years. I'm well past the age of their target audience and don't get as giddy about the over-the-top performance gimmicks or movie tie-ins anymore.

That doesn't mean I don't love a captivating performance, though, and Adele's was perfection. I adore this song, and she seems to be even better live than on my iPod.

My goosebumps had goosebumps.

Give Adele a piano, a microphone and a classic black dress and she'll let it rip. Lady Gaga, I realize this isn't your schtick, but do take note.

Get More: 2011 VMA, Music, Adele



In other "wow" news, Beyonce, just moments after announcing her first pregnancy, belted one out and danced across the stage in heels. Wonder if the sparkly tuxedo is a part of her House of Dereon's inevitable maternity line?

Even if her "Love on Top" isn't your thing, be sure to skip to the last 30 seconds and watch the adorable post-performance belly rub as she unbuttons her sequined jacket to show off a bump. (And how proud does dad-to-be Jay Z look? Cute!)

Now I get to compare my pregnant self to hers for the next six months. If she continues to look this fab, I may have to stop checking...

Get More: 2011 VMA, Music, Beyoncé


5 comments:

The Gaymons said...

I just saw you last night so I know this to be true...you've got Beyonce beat!! You are way cuter prego!!!

Maggie said...

Oh yes please, Adele doing nothing but SINGING. Take note everyone else indeed! I'm sure your previous commenter is correct on your cuteness, by the way!

Amy @ Forever 29 said...

I LOVED Adele's performance. So glad that MTV gave her the stage for a moment.

Kristen said...

I just *love* Adele. To be fair to Lady Gaga, I have seen some performances she's done at the piano (just her and the piano) and she is beyond talented, too. Girl can sing, even if she insists on doing it dressed like an alien 90% of the time!

Stephanie said...

Love, love, love Adele and Beyonce. I didn't watch the VMAs, but these would have been the performances I would have wanted to see. Love the way Beyonce announced the happy news too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved