June 20, 2008

Obsession of the moment

As of noon today, I'm obsessed with Needtobreathe's song "Washed by the Water." (Though I am decidedly less obsessed with the band's name. Did their collective space bar stop functioning?)

"Washed by the Water" is on constant replay in my head or on my iPod; it's the perfect mix of Southern rock, gospel and all-around fabulousness. Reminds me a lot of Marc Broussard, whom I also love.

Look it up on iTunes or check out their MySpace page. You'll notice a few things if you do:

1. They're from Seneca. Yes, seriously. (Actually, their bio says they're originally from Possum Kingdom, SC - but even Bradley doesn't know where that is. Apparently there's a Possum Holler in that area, but not a Possum Kingdom. At least not officially - and surely no one would name their subdivision that, so I'm at a loss...)

2. The brothers who started the band are named after a certain SEC football coach - Bear Rinehart and Bryant "Bo" Rinehart. Of course Bradley knew of them - they played football at Seneca High and then headed to Clemson and Furman, respectively. One even won the state-wide Banks McFadden football award. Impressive. Love them already!

3. They had a song on the P.S. I Love You soundtrack. The reviews scared me off of that movie, but I'm a fan of the track.

4. They've opened for lots of famous folks already... And did I say one's a Clemson grad?? Go Tigers. Super proud!

Also, it's midnight on a "school night" and I'm awake fighting off a migraine that has hounded me all day. Excuse the incoherence. Go listen to the song already!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay for great songs by homegrown bands that make us proud!

Erin said...

I love this new group! I am dowloading as we speak!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved