November 29, 2010

Menu Monday

After our delicious Thanksgiving getaway, the Smiths' menu for the week should focus solely on lettuce, water and oxygen. Alas, it's cold outside (South Carolina cold, that is) and I'm craving comfort food in a big way.

I'll get my comfort food fix this week, but only with healthy dose of gym time sprinkled in each day for good measure. All those mashed potatoes added up quickly!

This week's menu:

Monday: Butternut squash soup with cornbread

Tuesday: Pioneer Woman roasted chicken with asparagus

Wednesday: A "brinner" of eggs, grits and turkey bacon

Thursday: Leftover roasted chicken with squash soup

Friday: Roast and potatoes

Saturday: Spaghetti

Sunday: Crockpot beef vegetable soup (with Friday's leftovers)

I'm dying for a few new chicken recipes to try this winter. Any recommendations?

(Side note: I adored the Pioneer Woman's white chili; we tried it the week before Thanksgiving and it was fantastic. Can you tell I have a soup obsession this time of year?)

3 comments:

EKM said...

I've heard Kelly Stamp's artichoke chicken recipe is yummy! But this recipe is soo good too and it is healthy! (i use breasts and not thighs though)
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/03/lemon-feta-chicken-with-oregano-65-pts.html

Anne said...

Ooh, that sounds yummy. I'll give it a try - thanks!

Katherine said...

Anne, thanks for sharing that butternut squash soup recipe. I've already printed it and added it to my grocery list for this week!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved