March 1, 2009

You-a-palooza

Many, many years ago, long before the invention of the iPod, friends would make one another mix tapes (and then CDs) to share their love, devotion and all-around good taste in music.

Around the same time, Ozzfest, Lollapalooza, Woodstock reunions, Lilith Fairs and other giant-sized (read: sticky, sweaty, crowded, overpriced but fabulous) outdoor music festivals allowed people to hear several of their favorite bands at once.

Bradley and I are currently holed up, cozy and happy, awaiting the absolutely-happening-it's-a-sure-thing Blizzard of 2009. This leaves me lots of time to blog-browse and let my mind wander.

I never attended a Lilith Fair but, trust me, I was tempted. If I could create my own outdoor music festival, though, it would be a week-long affair of sheer musical joy. (For me, that is.)

I'm going to have to think about this a bit more, but here is the rough draft of my Anne-a-palooza. I'm dying to hear yours! (Living artists are best, but I suppose we could bend the rules if you have one late, great artist you're dying to hear at your festival. It is, after all, a you-a-palooza.)

Stage 1 - Calming Classics: James Taylor, Van Morrison, Allman Brothers

Stage 2 - Ladies I Loved in the 90s: Lisa Loeb, Sarah McLachlan, Natalie Merchant, Jewel

Stage 3 - Boys with Guitars: John Mayer, Jason Mraz, Marc Broussard, Keane, Ray LaMontagne

Stage 4 - Just Dave: DMB. Obviously. You didn't think 16-year-old Anne would buy a week-long music pass and not sit in front of the Dave stage the whole time, did you? Okay, then. Ben Harper can come too.

Stage 5 - Shower, Extensions and Fake Tan Required: Britney Spears, Mandy Moore, Beyonce

Stage 6 - Country Cuties: Dierks Bentley, Taylor Swift, Sugarland

Note: U2 and Coldplay were out of Anne-a-palooza's price range...

I'm dying to hear your suggestions. (And also - don't you wish grown ups got snow days?)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a good lineup! I'm actually going to see Coldplay in Charlotte in August; can't wait! Also, U2 is getting ready to go on tour, and I will try to get tickets to see them as well.

Abbie said...

You will find me at Stage 3...haha.

And p.s. - Adults can get snow days! Perks of being a teacher! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails


      

      



 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved